California Is Shaking!
Earthquake Warning for Southern California
Monday morning a rapid succession of small earthquakes started under the Salton Sea. There were three measuring above magnitude 4.0 continuing for more than 24 hours. More than 200 earthquakes were recorded.
The swarm of earthquakes has increased the likelihood of a much more major quake in Southern California, at least temporarily.
“According to the U.S. Geological Survey, for the seven-day period following Tuesday, the chances of a magnitude-7 or greater earthquake being triggered on the southern San Andreas fault are as high as 1 in 100 and as low as 1 in 3,000. The chances diminish over time.
Experts said it’s important to understand that the chance of the swarm triggering a big one, while small, was real.”
So when the threat making headlines, what are our options for preparation?
If you live in California, most likely, you live within 30 miles of an active fault. And if you don’t have specific earthquake insurance then you don’t have coverage against earthquake damage. Here’s a website where you can calculate how much earthquake insurance will wet you back. http://www2.earthquakeauthority.com/Pages/CustomerCalc.aspx
Drop! Cover! and Hold On! That’s the official recommendation on how to protect yourself during an earthquake.
|DROP where you are, onto your hands and knees. This position protects you from being knocked down and also allows you to stay low and crawl to shelter if nearby.
|COVER your head and neck with one arm and hand
|HOLD ON until shaking stops
See EarthquakeCountry.org/disability for recommendations for people who use wheelchairs, walkers, or are unable to drop to the ground and get up again without assistance.
California Shakeout Day is October 20
Participating is a great way for your family or organization to be prepared to survive and recover quickly from big earthquakes– wherever you live, work, or travel. ShakeOut is also a major activity of America’s PrepareAthon!
#californiashaking #dropcoverholdon #earthquake
Ready America 70280 Emergency Kit, 2-Person, 3-Day Backpack
- Sustains two people for three days
- Includes food, water, and emergency blankets
- One 33-piece first aid kit
- Two safety light sticks
- A backpack keeps supplies at the ready
Small Perfect Survival Kit, Earthquake Kit, Commuter Kit for Auto, Home or School
- Many Products Made in the USA
- The Perfect kit for all
- Easy to use products, reliable, lightweight
- Essential items recommended by the Red Cross
- Earthquake, Evacuation, Hurricane, power-out
Safe-T-Proof Solar, Hand-Crank Emergency Radio, Flashlight, Beacon, Cell Phone Charger
1 used from $ 24.78
- Great Gift Idea!
- Cell Phone Charger Included!
- No Batteries Required
Deluxe 2-Person Perfect Survival Kit for Emergency Disaster Preparedness for Earthquake, Hurricane, Fire, Evacuations, Auto, Home and Family
- OUR BEST SELLING KIT
- GOOD FOR ALL TYPES OF DISASTERS!
- A KIT THAT YOU WILL BE PROUD TO OWN.
- ASSEMBLED RIGHT HERE IN THE U.S.A.!
4 Person Perfect Survival Kit Deluxe for Earthquake, Evacuation, Emergency Disaster Preparedness 72 Hour Kits for Home, Work or Auto: 4 Person
- 4 Person Survival Kit with Essentials to Survive Disasters
- Earthquake, Hurricane, Fire, Flood, All Natural and Man-Made Disasters
- Grab and Go 72 Kit for 4
- Emergency Disaster Preparedness Family Kit
- Safety items, First aid, Gas shut off and more
LifeStraw Personal Water Filter
- Award-winning LifeStraw has been used by millions around the globe since 2005
- Removes minimum 99.9999% of waterborne bacteria (>LOG 6 reduction) and surpasses EPA standards for water filters
- Removes minimum 99.9% of waterborne protozoan parasites (>LOG 3 reduction) and filters to an amazing 0.2 microns
- Filters up to 1000 liters of contaminated water WITHOUT iodine, chlorine, or other chemicals
- Comes in a sealed bag, perfect for storing for emergencies
Small First Aid Kit 100 Piece: Car, Home, Survival
- Unique And Upgraded items (based on customers' feedback). Bigger, stronger metal scissors and tweezers, more accurate compass, and more! See the full list of contents in the product picture section and in the product description below.
- Durable, Light Weight & Efficient (Weighing Only 1.1 Pounds And Is 7.5x2x5.1"). Forget About Flimsy, Cheap or Damaged Hard-Cases Forever! Its flexible bag is made to last, and you can squeeze it into any small spot in your car for storage so you have it on the go.
- Be Prepared In Case Of Disasters Like Earthquakes And Other Real-World Emergencies. We have emergency supplies that NO OTHER FIRST AID KIT that's the same size as ours has! It's what makes this kit so ideal. It's the perfect combination of medical first aid supplies and emergency preparedness items.
- This Is Your Best Choice For Road Trips, Hiking, Backpacking, Camping, Travel, Adventure, Workplace, School And Home.
- Produced With High Quality Standards in a FDA Approved facility and Comes With our Famous "Always Prepared®" Easy-To-Claim Lifetime Guarantee
The KNBC Earthquake Survival Guide Fritz Coleman
The KNBC Earthquake Survival Guide. What to do Before, during and After with Fitz Coleman. KNBC News' award-winning weatherman Fritz Coleman is your ...
How To Survive an Earthquake
Watch more Disaster Survival & Worst-Case Scenarios videos: http://www.howcast.com/videos/223534-How-To-Survive-an-Earthquake Know what to do – and ...
What To Do In The First 30 Minutes After An Earthquake
https://www.MorePrepared.com (888) 733-7245 Video Transcript: Hi, Jordan Sandler here with More Prepared Minutes. An earthquake has happened while ...